Get Together for Lunch & Entertainment!November 6, 2017
Stroll through the Heritage Center on a Wednesday or Thursday early afternoon, and you will be captivated by the warm aromas of a delicious meal and the lively chatter of excited theater-goers. As the weather gets less clement, why not get together with a group to take in a mid-day luncheon and show at the beautiful Minnesota Masonic Heritage Center!
Get Together for Strength in Numbers
Groups have special privileges at the Heritage Center. For example,
- We offer discounted ticket prices for groups of 10 or more.
- Groups who come for matinée shows can enjoy a home-cooked gourmet lunch before the performance.
- Groups can take advantage of our wine and beer service before and after lunch.
- Buses and vans can pull up right outside the main doors to unload and reload, and park for free in the lot.
Get Together for Amazing Meals
Served in the spacious, bright Evergreen Room, our luncheons have received rave reviews. Recent visitors happily tucked into creamy chicken breast, roasted parsley potatoes, and glazed carrots. The meals are made fresh on site and overseen by Kelsey Hiemenz, our talented catering and event coordinator.
Meals also come with white or wheat dinner rolls, a cold salad, fresh coffee and a choice of pie for dessert. Kelsey, who helps serve the meals too, has heard nothing but praise for the delectable fare. Some have liked certain items so much that they’ve asked for the recipes!
Guests who enjoy wine or beer can take advantage of the bar set up outside the Ives Auditorium. The bar, stocked with a variety of reasonably priced beers and wines, is open when guests arrive and stays open until the show starts.
Get Together for Entertaining Shows
So far, guests have been treated to a humorous play produced by Sidekick Theatre titled Be My Baby. In the week before Christmas 2017, we presented two special holiday-themed matinees:
- On December 19, pianist Phil Thompson and SimpleGifts, with Emmy-award winning Billy McLaughlin, presented a concert of Celtic-inspired seasonal songs.
- On December 20, local singers Lisa Pallen, Aimee Lee and Kathy Mueller recreated the tight harmonies of Minnesota’s own Andrews Sisters in the show, “The Andrews Sisters Sing Yuletide Swing.”
In the first half of 2018, we have three performances scheduled for multiple dates:
- In February, Table Salt Productions brings to the Ives a crowd-pleasing country musical extravaganza, “Legendary Ladies of
- During the first two weeks of March, the award-winning play Driving Miss Daisy returns to our stage.
- Starting in mid-March and running through most of May, Sidekick Theatre is premiering a new show, “From Ava to Eternity: The Life & Music of Frank Sinatra.”
How It All Works
We make it easy for groups to reserve seats for upcoming lunch matinées.
- Visit the group reservations page on our website, fill in the requested information, and select the desired show. All of the upcoming matinée shows are listed in a drop-down menu.
- Call (952-948-6524) or email Karen Mohsenian, our group sales coordinator, to make a reservation.
- Stop by the Heritage Center and make a reservation in person. The group sales coordinator’s office is located right inside the main entry.
After the reservation is made, make no payment until two weeks prior to the event. Groups can also make special requests—such as handicap seating in the theater or gluten-free meal options.
Once all the business is taken care of, relax and enjoy an outing to the Minnesota Masonic Heritage Center. While at the Center, guests can have a sumptuous lunch and take in a show, chat over a glass of wine or beer in the reception area and tour our beautiful Masonic museum.
Register your group today! Easy access, delicious dining and entertaining shows await.